Discover Coimbra in a different way! CoolaBoola offers a unique experience on a classic car tour that dates back to the history of beer in the city. Culture, history, and a lot of Coimbra craft beer will not be missing on this extraordinary journey!
Throughout this activity, we will present the history of the city’s brewing industry. In addition, you will have the chance to learn about the brewing process of two local craft beer brands.
To make your experience even more unique, of course, you can taste local craft beers at the stops we have prepared for you! 🍻
Another highlight of this tour is that the trip will take place aboard an incredible 1931 Ford Model A.
Highlights along the tour
– Santa Clara Bridge (Ponte de Santa Clara);
– Coimbra bridge weir (Açude-ponte de Coimbra);
– Cooperativa farmacêutica Plural (Plural pharmaceutical cooperative);
– Epicura‘s Warehouse (20 minutos de paragem); 🍻
– Convent of San Francisco (Convento de São Francisco);
– Portugal of the Little Ones (Portugal dos Pequenitos);
– Praxis Beer Factory and Museum (30 minutos de paragem); 🍻
– Monastery of Santa Clara-the-old-one (Mosteiro de Santa Clara-a-Velha);
– Toll Square (Largo da Portagem);
– Coola Boola – Colab.
Cautions to have
We suggest that you dress up, as you will have a lot of people watching you when you pass! Also because, if the car doesn’t start, you’ll have to give it a push and you’ll be the center of attention. 😆
Don’t forget to bring your camera!!! You will have the chance to take photos from incredible angles of the city! 😉
Furthermore, it is absolutely essential that you follow the security rules specified in the pre-booking form below. Therefore, we ask that you follow exactly what the driver says.
Measures against COVID-19
For your protection, wearing a mask is mandatory for all passengers on board and everyone must bring their own mask. In addition, there will be alcohol gel available inside the vehicle.