Discover Coimbra in a different way! CoolaBoola offers a unique experience in a classic car city tour.
On this city tour, you will have the chance to take a unique tour through the streets of Coimbra and learn about the stories it contains. In addition, you will enjoy the comfort and elegance of our classic car.
Aboard a comfortable 1931 Ford Model A, this classic car city tour includes places with historical and cultural value in Coimbra. Thus, you can visit the Lower or Upper parts of the city, also passing by the University of Coimbra , one of the oldest university institutions in the world and classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO since 2013.
Highlights along the tour
– Sofia Street (Rua da Sofia);
– Santa Cruz Monastery (Mosteiro de Santa Cruz);
– Coimbra Town Hall (Câmara Municipal de Coimbra);
– Manga Garden (Jardim da Manga);
– King D. Pedro V Municipal Market (Mercado Municipal D. Pedro V);
– Royal Student Republic Corsairs of the Islands (Real República Estudantil Corsários da Ilha);
– Machado de Castro National Museum (Museu Nacional Machado de Castro);
– Palace of Schools (Paço das Escolas);
– King D. Dinis Square (Praça D. Dinis);
– Monumental stairs (Escadaria Monumental);
– Aqueduct of San Sebastian (Aqueduto de São Sebastião);
– Botanical Garden of the University of Coimbra (Jardim Botânico da Universidade de Coimbra);
– Major Seminary of Coimbra (Seminário Maior de Coimbra);
– Republic square (Praça da República);
– Garden of the Mermaid (Jardim da Sereia);
– Old Cathedral of Coimbra (Sé Velha de Coimbra);
– Santa Clara Bridge (Ponte de Santa Clara);
– Monastery of Santa Clara-the-old-one (Mosteiro de Santa Clara-a-Velha);
– Convent of San Francisco (Convento de São Francisco);
– Portugal of the Little Ones (Portugal dos Pequenitos);
– Toll Square (Largo da Portagem);
– Coola Boola – Colab.
Cautions to have
We suggest that you dress up, as you will have a lot of people watching you when you pass! Also because, if the car doesn’t start, you’ll have to give it a push and you’ll be the center of attention. 😆
Don’t forget to bring your camera!!! You will have the chance to take photos from incredible angles of the city! 😉
Furthermore, it is absolutely essential that you follow the security rules specified in the pre-booking form below. Therefore, we ask that you follow exactly what the driver says.
Measures against COVID-19
For your protection, wearing a mask is mandatory for all passengers on board and everyone must bring their own mask. In addition, there will be alcohol gel available inside the vehicle.